Don’t you love easy-to-make crunchy appetizers? This garlic crostini is just that! Plus it can go with just about anything and just about anything can go on it, too!
I’ve highlighted an olive, tomato, and cheese-topped crostini, but until now I hadn’t tried a simpler fare. There are only four ingredients: a baguette, olive oil, chopped garlic, and coarse sea salt.
The coarse sea salt is important because it adds an extra punch! I don’t recommend using regular table salt. So while you contemplate the uniqueness of the coarse sea salt on your garlic crostini take a listen to the “sea” song “Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea” played by the ever intriguing Thelonious Monk.
- 1 baguette
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- ½ teaspoon coarse sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cut baguette into slices about one-fourths inch thick.
- Brush olive oil on both sides of each slice, placing them on a large baking sheet.
- On the top side of each slice, put garlic.
- Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 325 degrees.
- If they are not crunchy and browned, turn the slices over and bake for another 5 minutes.