Have you ever tried to create the perfect recipe? Often, a lot of failure is involved before success! Finally after much trial and error, I figured out the perfect fruit pizza for me!
I love fruit pizza, but often the cookie crust was too crispy, too soggy, or too bland. But this recipe is the perfect balance of cookie crust, filling, and fruit!
Since it took a long time to figure this recipe out, what better song to pair it with than “At Last” performed by Ella Fitzgerald and Joe Pass.
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 extra large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon butter, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 2½ cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 kiwi, peeled, sliced, then cut in half
- ¾ cup fresh raspberries, rinsed, blotted on paper towels
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, rinsed, blotted on paper towels
- 1 cup mandarin oranges, drained, blotted on paper towels
- 1 cup blackberries, rinsed, blotted on paper towels
- 1 cup strawberries, rinsed, sliced, blotted on paper towels
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In large mixing bowl, blend butter, granulated sugar, egg, vanilla, lemon extract, and sour cream just until combined.
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture. Stir with large spatula to combine.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put dough on parchment paper and flatten with another large piece of parchment paper.
- Roll the dough with a rolling pin. Make a 14-inch to 16-inch circle, depending on how thick you like the crust. Leaving dough in between both pieces of parchment paper, put baking sheet and pizza crust in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from freezer. Remove top piece of parchment paper.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until light golden. Put on cooking rack by sliding parchment paper and crust off baking sheet.
- Cool completely.
- For filling, put cream cheese, butter, whipping cream, vanilla and orange juice in a large mixing bowl. Whip together just until smooth. Add confectioners’ sugar. Whip just until completely mixed.
- Spread filling over cooled pizza crust. Leave about half an inch of the crust not covered with filling.
- Arrange fruits you choose by placing fruit in concentric alternating circles or lay them in lines alternating.