Waffles should be easy, right? But often they aren’t. So that’s why this easy–yet from scratch–waffle recipe is so perfect!
They turn out great every time. Which is so nice!
- ¾ cup half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Make one recipe at a time. Do not double.
- Preheat flip waffle iron.
- In a medium bowl, pour half-and-half cream.
- Stir vinegar or lemon juice into half-and-half cream. Add egg and vanilla. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- In a small microwaveable bowl, barely melt 2 tablespoons of butter. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and baking soda together.
- Add butter to liquid ingredients and whisk briskly.
- Pour liquid ingredients into the flour mixture. Stir with a fork, leaving batter slightly lumpy.
- Pour batter over the center of the flip waffle iron, leaving about half an inch at the edge so waffle can spread.
- Close the lid and flip immediately.
- When steam no longer is coming from the waffle iron, flip waffle iron and open.
- Do not open if there is still steam or the waffles will be soggy.