Do you have a favorite type of comfort food? Mine is pasta. Just about anything pasta is a comfort food for me!
I didn’t even need comfort food today, but comfort food makes a good day even better and I feel happy about that!
- 2 cups vegetable rotini, uncooked
- 1½ cups cooked boneless chicken breasts
- ½ cup onion
- ½ cup red pepper, diced
- 1 cup petite baby peas, frozen
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1½ teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1¼ cups milk
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper, ground
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook pasta. Drain off water. Run cool water over pasta for 5 seconds. Set aside.
- Dice chicken, onion, and red pepper. Put in a large bowl. Add peas.
- In sauce pan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in flour. Whisk in milk. Bring to boil stirring constantly for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Cube cream cheese. Add to sauce pan. Add Parmesan cheese.
- Return to low heat, stirring for 3-5 minutes or until cream cheese is melted and Parmesan cheese is incorporated and sauce is smooth.
- Add pasta to sauce pan ingredients. Toss gently to coat.