Even though I’m not necessarily a morning person, I do love morning food that wakes me up with cheer! This waffle recipe is so wonderfully crispy and tasty!
So to clear your mind and energize for the day, eat a healthy breakfast and take a listen to “On a Clear Day You Can See Forever” sung by Barbra Streisand. Every day is a great day full of opportunities so we might as well see things clearly!
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- ¼ cup white cornmeal
- ¼ cup wheat flour
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Dash salt
- Combine half-and-half cream, and vinegar. Stir.
- Add vanilla and canola oil. Stir.
- Add egg. Whip with a fork to incorporate egg. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine cornmeal, wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and dash of salt.
- Heat waffle iron to desired temperature.
- Pour liquid ingredients into dry ingredients and mix with a fork.
- Pour ¼ of the mixture onto hot waffle maker. Close lid of waffle maker and do not open until there is almost no more steam.
- Makes four medium size crispy, crunchy waffles.