So I’ve never eaten a “blondie” before, so this is the closest I’ve come to it. And they are quite tasty with flavors that pop out in an almost “bewitching” way! And that brings me to today’s song “Bewitched” sung by Frank Sinatra.
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ? cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1¼ cups flour
- ½ cup crystallized ginger, chopped
- ¼ cup coconut
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper and spray with vegetable spray.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat butter, baking powder, salt, brown sugar, egg and vanilla until smooth.
- Stir in flour just until blended.
- Stir in crystallized ginger and coconut.
- Press onto the parchment paper lined pan.
- Bake for 14-18 minutes or until a knife comes out clean. The top should be golden brown.