Candy is just so sweet and homemade is doubly so! This sweet confection is simple compared to other kinds of candy and you don’t even need a candy thermometer.
- 2 cups large, unsweetened flake coconut (Bulk Foods)
- 2 cups almonds slivered
- 1 14-ounce can Borden® condensed milk, fat free
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine coconut and almonds.
- Pour condensed milk over the coconut and almonds. Stir together gently to coat coconut and almonds with condensed milk.
- Sprinkle vanilla over the mixture. Stir.
- Add powdered sugar. Stir to combine.
- Butter a 9” x 13” pan. Spread mixture into pan and flatten out smooth.
- Put pan in the freezer to allow the mixture to harden enough to cut into 1-inch squares.
- Place chocolate chips in a microwaveable bowl. On 50% power, melt the chocolate chips just until softened. Stir after 30 seconds.
- Allow to cool slightly while you cut the coconut and almond mixture into 1-inch squares.
- Spread parchment paper on a flat surface.
- Make the candy into "sandwiches" by spreading the melted chocolate on one square and sandwiching the chocolate in between another square. Place each "sandwich" on the parchment paper to set. Wrap in 6-inch squares of waxed paper by drawing the corners up over the candy and twisting the waxed paper around the candy.