Whenever there is doubt about what to have for dinner at the Chaston household, there’s always someone who pipes up to say, “Let’s have Chili Mac Beef!” Then we all wonder why everyone did not think of it in the first place.
Besides being a favorite meal, it is also very fast and easy. So easy in fact that Chili Mac Beef reminds me of the song “Easy to Love” sung by Ella Fitzgerald.
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon Tabasco® sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 can kernel corn, drained
- 1 can kidney beans, drained
- Cook elbow macaroni according to package directions minus one minute of cooking time. Drain and set aside.
- In a large frying pan, brown ground sirloin with chopped onion. Remove from heat when cooked. Drain off any excess grease.
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, soy sauce, and Tabasco® sauce to meat and onion mixture. Stir gently.
- Add chili powder, cumin, and garlic powder. Stir gently.
- Add cooked elbow macaroni. Stir gently.
- Add corn and kidney beans. Stir gently.
- Warm over low heat for about 5 minutes stirring frequently.
- Option: Serve with grated cheddar cheese or Parmesan cheese.