When I’m tired after a long session of studying, this easy recipe always perks me up. And of course, it’s got hot and spicy sausage!
I like to cook sausage right when I bring it home so I can freeze it. I can just pull the cooked sausage out of the freezer and add it to whatever I am making that night for dinner. It’s a fast and easy way to get some protein into just about any meal!
So I thought I’d continue the April Fools’ Day theme by suggesting you take a listen to “My Foolish Heart” sung by Frank Sinatra and remember it is never foolish to prepare ahead!
- 4 whole potatoes, cooked
- 2 cups hot and spicy sausage, cooked
- 1 can chili beans (15 ounces)
- 1 cup hot pepper cheese, grated
- Tortilla chips (optional)
- Peel and cube potatoes onto four plates.
- Put ½ cup cooked hot sausage over each potato.
- Divide chili beans evenly four ways. Put each portion over the sausage on the potatoes.
- Heat each plate individually in the microwave on power 4 for two minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle ¼ cup grated hot pepper cheese over each plate.
- Serve with tortilla chips on the side.