Need a quick, stovetop dinner? This chicken and Spanish rice dish is both quick and easily made on the stove!
Let’s just say this week has been quite a week after last week’s law school placement break. I definitely needed some quick and easy, yet always tasty meals as I got back into high gear!
- ½ pound uncooked chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup Botan rice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2¼ cups boiling water
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- 2/3 cup medium salsa
- dash pepper
- Dice uncooked chicken breast. Set aside.
- Put oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Be sure the frying pan has a lid.
- When oil is hot, add uncooked rice, coating it with the oil.
- Stir constantly until the rice kernels are opaque white and slightly browned.
- Add garlic. Stir.
- Add boiling water, cumin, salsa, pepper, and uncooked chicken breast.
- Stir, then cover.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer covered for 13 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let sit 2-5 minutes before serving.