Want a different kind of pasta? Try garden pasta–pasta made with vegetables!
I love pesto. In fact, it’s one of my favorite pasta toppings. So combining vegetable pasta with pesto for a warm dinner when it’s cold is not only great tasting but healthy!
- 6 ounces tricolor penne rigate
- 1 chicken breast half
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon dried leaf oregano
- ¼ teaspoon ground thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- Cook tricolor penne rigate according to directions on the box. Drain and place in a large bowl. Cover with a dish cloth to keep warm. Set aside.
- Cube the chicken breast half. Set aside.
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, place olive oil, butter and garlic. Stir until butter is melted.
- Add cubed chicken. Toss to coat chicken.
- Cook chicken for only two or three minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add chicken to cooked penne rigate. Stir.
- Add oregano, thyme, basil and lemon juice. Toss.
- Add prepared pesto. Stir to coat chicken and penne rigate.
- Serve on several pieces of fresh spinach.
- This can be served warm or cold.