Want to try a tasty buffalo chicken recipe that’s not complicated?
When I think of buffalo chicken, I think of buffalo chicken wings or heavily breaded chicken tenderloins drenched in hot sauce. I prefer boneless, white chicken breast.
When I was nine, my first dog Buddy somehow got on the table after Thanksgiving dinner and started eating the food still there. Fortunately, we caught him just as he started toward the turkey so he never got to any of the bones. Ever since then, I’ve have had an acute awareness to keep my dog and any bird bones far away from each other!
So that’s why this recipe isn’t for buffalo chicken wings, but buffalo chicken strips! It’s also easy for kids to eat and less messy.
- 2 tablespoons Tabasco® sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- ¾ cup pineapple juice, divided
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- Dash cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 boneless chicken breast halves
- In a sealable bag, combine Tabasco® sauce, Worcestershire sauce, ¼ cup pineapple juice, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, and black pepper.
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter then add to other ingredients. Seal the bag and mix by jostling ingredients in bag.
- Reserve out 2 tablespoons of the marinade and put in a small saucepan. Add remaining ½ cup pineapple juice. Over low heat, simmer to reduce to ¼ cup.
- Cut chicken breast halves into four pieces lengthwise. Put chicken pieces in the marinade bag and seal.
- Marinate for 5 minutes.
- Remove chicken from bag and discard marinade and bag.
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, put remaining tablespoon of butter to melt. Add chicken pieces to frying pan and sauté 10 minutes, turning each chicken piece so all sides are done. Periodically cover loosely with a lid to steam the chicken also.
- Put chicken pieces on a serving platter and pour reduced sauce over them.