Bread, bread, bread! This bread is low on yeast and part white/part wheat! What could make it better? Oh yeah, it tastes good, too!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 teaspoons wheat gluten flour
- 2 ¼ cup warm water, divided
- 1½ teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 cups wheat flour
- 2 cups all-purpose white flour
- In a large bowl, stir with a large spoon to combine olive oil, honey, salt and wheat gluten flour.
- Add 1¾ cups warm water and stir with a large spoon to incorporate it with other ingredients.
- Add 2 cups of wheat flour and continue stirring with a spoon.
- With an electric mixer, mix in 1½ cups of all-purpose flour until dough is stretchy.
- Knead in remaining ½ cup all-purpose flour.
- Set aside in a warm place covered loosely with waxed paper. Let dough rise for an hour or until double in size.
- Punch dough down. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Divide dough into two halves. Shape one half into a large ball tucking the edges into the middle by rolling them under. On a parchment paper lined baking sheet place the round ball of dough. Put waxed paper over it and set it aside to rise for an hour and 15 minutes.
- Divide remaining half of dough into four even pieces. Line the bottom of a 9” x 9” square pan with parchment paper. Spray parchment paper and sides of pan with Pam. Shape each of the four pieces into balls tucking the edges into the middle by rolling them under. Place in the square pan and cover with waxed paper. Let rise for an hour and 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bake the round loaf and rolls at the same time for 25 minutes.