Happy Presidents’ Day!
In trying to figure out a “red, white, and blue” recipe for today, I decided to go really simple: blackberries with whipped cream and a cherry on top!
Whipping your own real heavy cream isn’t difficult at all! It just takes a little patience, a little powdered sugar, and good mixer!
- 3/4 cup fresh blackberries, washed
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 maraschino cherry, patted dry
- Whip the whipping cream and powdered sugar in a chilled, metal bowl until soft peaks form. A plastic bowl will also work, but it may take longer for the soft peaks to form.
- Put the blackberries in a bowl. Dollop desired amount of whipped cream on top of the blackberries. Place the cherry on top.