These lovely banana muffins are made even more lovely with Wilton® Ruffled Baking Cups! Sometimes it’s just fun to dress up your food a little bit!
These were for St. Patrick’s Day, hence the green cupcake papers. I’ve talked before about my aversion to simply adding green food coloring to some foods in an effort to “St. Patrick’s Day-ize” them.
So staying with the “green” theme, take a listen to “Aquellos Ojos Verdes (Green Eyes)” sung by Nat King Cole. Ironically, the “green eyes” have nothing to do with jealousy–the woman in the song simply has green-colored eyes!
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3-4 ripe bananas
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ¾ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash bananas leaving large lumps. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer cream butter and sugar. Add eggs. Beat well until frothy.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir flour mixture into butter mixture gently with a large spoon.
- Add bananas to batter stirring just until incorporated into batter.
- Spoon batter into muffin tins lined with cupcake papers.
- Combine topping ingredients. Sprinkle about 1/4 teaspoon on each muffin.
- Bake for 13-18 minutes or until middle of muffin springs back.