Recipes with bananas have always been tricky for me. Getting the texture takes a bit of expertise!
My mom devised this recipe so my dad would have a healthy, yet tasty, snack on hand! I tried them and they don’t even taste like a “healthy recipe!” She actually made muffin tops rather than regular muffins to make them seem a bit fancier and more appealing! But you can make regular muffins!
- ½ cup Truvia® Baking Blend
- 1 cup wheat flour
- ½ cup all purpose white flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup egg substitute
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 large bananas
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon butter flavoring
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine all dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Slightly smash bananas on a plate.
- Combine all wet ingredients together.
- Add wet to dry ingredients.
- Stir just until mixed.
- Spray muffin top pans with vegetable spray.
- Put between 1/2 to 2/3 of a cup in each well.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until they rise and stay risen in the middle.
- Remove to a cooling rack.