Ever since I tried my grandmother’s rhubarb salad as a child, I’ve been hooked. I love rhubarb! The problem is it is difficult to find good recipes for rhubarb.
Fast forward to today! I tried combining a couple rhubarb jam recipes–and using what I had on hand–to create this tasty freezer jam!
I must admit, I was skeptical that all these disparate flavors–apricot, pineapple, rhubarb, and orange–could combine and actually taste good. It tastes like a fruity compote!
In honor of this jam, take a listen to the incredible Ella Fitzgerald singing “C-Jam Blues” live.
- 1 can (15.25 ounces) apricots
- 2 cups rhubarb, cut up
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup Truvia® Baking Blend
- 2 cups crushed pineapple in juice
- 12-ounce can Solo® Apricot Cake and Pastry Filling
- 3-ounce package orange gelatin dessert
- Cut canned apricots into small pieces. Set aside.
- Wash and slice rhubarb.
- Put rhubarb, sugar, Truvia®, and pineapple in large, heavy sauce pan over medium heat. Stir constantly for 10 minutes.
- Turn heat to low.
- Add Solo® Apricot Cake and Pastry Filling.
- Reduce by simmering for 90 minutes, stirring occasionally to ensure pineapple does not stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Bring to a boil. Add gelatin dessert. Stir for one minute.
- Remove from heat. Let cool for an hour.
- Put into clean freezer containers with lids. Let jam set on counter shelf for 4 hours before putting into the freezer.
- Allow jam to sit for 20 minutes after removing from freezer before removing lid and eating.